Getting “messy” plays a huge roll in the creative process. You start getting “lost” and really become oblivious to everything around you.
I purposely choose projects that “The Little Peeps” can enjoy the thrill of making messes.
We are inside today making bird feeders for the overwintering birds.
1. Cut an orange in 1/2 & scoop out the inside.
(Saved for our snack & served with homemade meringues.)
2. Make a hole in each 1/2 of the orange & put string through. This will enable you to hang the bird feeder from a tree branch.
3. In a dish, have the kids mix bird seed with Crisco. Oh my gosh, what a MESS!!
4. Have the kids stuff the orange halves with the mixture.
5. Take toothpicks & have the kids pierce cranberries @ one end of the toothpicks & with the other end, pierce the orange .
……..WE HAD A BALL !!….
PS.. If your child has peanut allergies, READ THE BIRD SEED LABEL PLEASE