Today’s weather, hot, sticky with a chance of lightening, thunder & rain… a great day for cooking inside in an air conditioned daycare!
We headed to our garden way before rain arrived to pick some Kale & turn it into :
- Frozen blueberries
- Chobani plain yogurt
- Orange juice
- Kale leaves with veins removed
- Put all in a blender and turn into a smoothie
- Delicious… would we do it again YES!!
Easy to make. One recipe is enough for 4 kids to get a hunk of dough which they pat, roll, twist or shape anyway they choose.
- Heat oven: 425 degrees
- In a medium bowl dissolve 1 teaspoon yeast in 1/2 cup warm water
- Add: 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon salt
- Add: 1-1/3 cup flour
- Knead & then divide equally & pass out to the kids. Give them a bit of “how to” & then leave them to create
- Brush with a a beaten egg.
- Bake 10 minutes